11 June 2010

This week I have been...

...making presents for my new niece Hatty.

The first is a smock dress. My first attempt, so lots to learn for my next go. It's made from some fantastic Hungry Caterpillar pattern fabric which I found in a local fabric store.

Straps: tie straps.
Skirt top: smocking front and back.
Skirt: slightly A-lined.
All to do now, is hope it fits.

I also made Hattie some bunting, spelling her name:

The flags are made from the left overs from the dress, the letters and binding are made from red and white polka dot fabric.

Each flag is approx: 15cm wide and 14cm long.
The bunting is 165cm long.

I really enjoy making these presents and hope Hattie likes them. Now I have attempted smocking, I think I will keep practising.

This week I also made 16m of french themed bunting, no photos yet as it is decorating a Route Master bus on it's way to Le Mans.
Honk Honk!

*Update* Here is the bunting on the routemaster:

No comments:

Post a Comment